Homes in development – Dora House
We're currently working on the redevelopment of Dora House; a former 205 unit 1960s sheltered housing scheme in St John’s Wood, London, opposite Lord’s Cricket Ground.
For over 45 years, Dora House has provided a home for residents but it no longer met the needs or standard of accommodation that our residents deserve.
Following a detailed co-design process with our residents C&C announced a plan to demolish the existing Dora House and construct a new and improved Dora House on the Lodge Road side of the site.
The old building was demolished in early 2020 and construction on the site has been able to continue throughout the current COVID crisis - meaning that we are currently on track to complete by the end of 2022.
The new building will deliver adaptable apartments that exceed the Mayors’ space standards, specialist services for residents and a range of communal facilities, some of which may be open to the wider public.
We are collaborating with ex-Dora residents (who will be moving back into the new building once complete) on a number of aspects of the new build, from finishes and fixtures and fittings to communal landscaping.
Watch our latest Dora Development Chapter (7) video for more information.
The St John's Wood development site will comprise two buildings:
- Building 1 – a replacement scheme for over 55s, fronting Lodge Road. Consisting of 170 units, of which 17 will be for market rent and 153 will be affordable housing
- Building 2 – A private apartment block fronting St John’s Wood Road. This part of the site was sold to Regal West London to fund the construction of Building 1.
Project name: C&C St John’s Wood
- Units/Floors: 170 units over 13 floors
- Developer: Regal One London Construction
- Employers Agent: Gleeds Cost Management Ltd
- Architect: Ryder Architects
- Expected Completion: Late 2022
- Planning Status: Full Planning Approved 4th November 2019
We have produced the first seven ‘chapters’ in a nine-part documentary about C&C’s Dora House redevelopment. It explores key elements involved in a redevelopment, including how residents feel at different stages and work with us to find inspiring solutions.
You can watch the latest chapters below: