Covid 19: We’re proud to help residents – and welcome new ones
We want to reassure both current and future residents that we’re doing everything we can to maintain the safe living and working environments for all of our housing and care residents and staff.
Open to new residents
We know that many people still want to find a new home but may be worried about doing so. Whether you’re seeking a new home to rent or buy, or a care home place for a relative or loved one, you can do so confidently with us. We’re now accepting new applications and expressions of interest across our London portfolio. Our dedicated, experienced housing and care teams can arrange viewings while observing social distancing and other strict hygiene protocols. For more information on how we're supporting residents in care homes, please read our Care Home FAQ.
We have put in place a number of extra measures across our schemes, properties and care homes. We even have our own Covid-19 Management Plan, in addition to following the latest Government and Public Health England Guidance.
So, you can have every confidence that we’re going the extra mile to minimise any risk and support you all the way into your new home and beyond.
For more information, call us on 0207 922 5300.
Covid-19 Management Plan
If you’d like to read more about our approach, please follow the link to our COVID-19 Management Plan. We continue to monitor and adapt to the situation and adjust our support where appropriate.
Update for existing residents
We are grateful to our residents for their continuing support and for adapting to the situation – and thankful for our staff for their hard work and dedication.
Following the Government’s most recent announcement and it’s plan to slowly ease the lockdown measures, you may find these FAQs helpful: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
Get involved – resident activities!
We’re putting together some of the best online activities to help residents stay active. To sign up for regular alerts, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few of our recent top picks to whet your appetite:
Enjoy singing? Join Nicola, who leads Oldfield’s All Together Singing choir, for a little warm up and sing-song that you can do whenever you feel like it (see words at end of email): https://bit.ly/candcsing1
Want to learn how to draw? Christine, who runs our painting classes at Blackham House, has put together a short video on how to draw trees: https://bit.ly/candctree
The NHS have produced a list of seated exercises to help prevent falls and keep you mobile during lockdown. Find out more here: https://bit.ly/candcnhsfit
We continue to carry out emergency and urgent repairs. We will also endeavour to carry out routine repairs where possible but these may be subject to delay. Repairs can be reported via the Service Hub on 0207 922 5300 or email@example.com.
For more information about how our contractors will help keep you safe while carrying out emergency/urgent repairs in your home, please read our Covid-19 Risk Assessment Guidance.
Experiencing financial hardship?
For any residents facing financial difficulties, please call us now on 0207 922 5300. Help is available over the coming months, and repayment plans can then be set up for you.
A summary of our support to housing residents:
- We’ve been regularly communicating with our residents, including via post, email, telephone and face to face (observing social distancing)
- We also have regular check-ins with our most vulnerable residents e.g. those shielding/with medical conditions
- We have increased support across our properties, housing schemes and care homes, including extra staff, additional cleaning and sanitisation where required
- We continue to ensure our front-line staff have good stocks of PPE
- We are supporting a small number of residents facing financial difficulties, and have set up repayment plans as required
- We continue to carry out emergency/urgent repairs (observing social distancing and safe working practices)
- In addition to our existing partnerships, we have set up a number of new partnerships with charities, local businesses and other organisations to help provide food and other support services to residents where possible
- We are making a limited number of tablets available to the most vulnerable of our residents to help them connect to loved ones and join in virtual activities
- All non-essential staff and volunteer visits remain suspended, as do visits to our Central Office
Our care homes
Our staff continue to do an outstanding job in enriching the lives of our residents across our four care homes. Regular testing for residents and staff will now be ongoing. We thank all of the wonderful relatives for their cards, gifts and well wishes. Of course, relatives are keeping in touch through regular video calls with their loved ones.
Our care staff continue to run an excellent programme of activities for our residents. We continue to have strict hygiene measures in place and have increased sanitisation throughout the homes. And we’re working closely with Public Health England, the NHS and local borough council services to further minimise the risk of infection to our residents and staff. We have also been testing staff and residents across our homes as testing capacity has become available.
For safety and added peace of mind, a 14-day quarantine period will apply for new care residents. They will receive personalised care and support to maintain contact with families through video calls. Virtual viewings can be arranged upon request.
For any non-residents currently looking for a more supportive community, please get in touch with us on 0207 922 5300.
Read our COVID-19 Management Plan. We continue to monitor and adapt to the situation and adjust our support where appropriate.