History & Awards
C&C’s unique Arts & Events programme started over 30 years ago where a part time Arts post was established and regular activities were introduced into our different housing schemes and care homes.
As research demonstrates, participation in the arts:
- Promotes inclusion and reduces social isolation
- Advocates lifelong learning
- Encourages individuality and personal expression
- Gives access to new places and experiences
- Builds communities and neighbourhoods
In the Age UK Wellbeing Index 2017: Creative and Cultural Participation ranked number one for contributing to wellbeing in later life.
Projects, outings, and activities take place in the majority of C&C’s communities such as trips to the Royal Opera House, Richmond Music Therapy, Magic Me, Live Music Now, Birmingham Royal Ballet and the Royal Albert Hall.
Our Creative Arts programme has won several industry and funding awards. These include:
- National Housing Federation Community Impact Award in 2012 for our innovative TEA project
- Growing Localities Award in 2013
- EAC Over 60’s Art awards winner/finalists www.eacartawards.org.uk
- Big Draw Drawing Inspiration awards www.thebigdraw.org