Looking after your home
We work with specialist consultants to make sure your home is safe at all times and maintain thorough records of safety certification and checks. We invest every year into maintaining our properties – and your home - to the highest safety standard. We’re absolutely committed to making sure that your home is safe.
When you become a C&C resident, there are a number of things that you should do to help keep your home or scheme safe.
It is important that escape routes are clear at all times, this includes not placing items in communal hallways as they might cause obstruction. The evacuation procedures differ between the range of properties that we manage, so residents must familiarise themselves with the evacuation procedure for their building.
Fire maintenance information will be available via scheme staff and the C&C Service Hub.
Read our Fire Safety Management Policy
- Do not overload a socket and only use one plug per socket
- If a fuse blows, replace it with the correct fuse
- Switch off and unplug all electrical appliances when you are not using them
- If you have an electrical fault that you think might be dangerous, switch off the electricity at the mains (the switch is either next to the fuse box or next to the meter) then call us for help
- Allow access to contractors when electrical testing is required.
- If you smell gas, turn off the gas supply at the mains next to the gas meter and open all windows and then call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
- Do not smoke or strike matches
- Do not turn electrical switches on or off
- Vacate the premises and call the C&C Service Hub on 0800 121 8742, if out of hours please call
- Carbon Monoxide detectors should be placed in the vicinity of gas appliances within your home, if the alarm sounds, turn off all gas appliances, vacate the property and inform the relevant contacts as mentioned above.
Any damage to a property that is a result of accidental or intentional use/misuse, and not considered a result of general wear and tear, is the responsibility of residents. Learn more about our repairs service and what is chargeable.
The handbook contains more information on being a C&C resident, download the C&C resident handbook.